The Boozy Botanist
- Ingredients: Clove, Allspice, Cinnamon, Orange, Ginger, Organic Cane Sugar, Water, 190 Proof Grain Alcohol
- Tasting Notes: Aromas and Flavors; Encapsulates all of the holiday flavors. Heavy cinnamon, allspice, and clove.
- Usage: Add 1-2 droppers to flavor cocktails, mocktails, tea, or soda water! Or use them in your baked goods.
- Bitter the Better: Bitters are used in herbal medicine to support liver function.
- Alcohol Content of Bitters: I describe cocktail bitters to my customers in the same vein as a pure vanilla extract: they are both made with high proof alcohol which is used to extract and concentrate flavor or the herbs, seeds, and barks, which is later diluted and bottles in small containers, intended to be used in dashes or drops in cocktails, mocktails or baked goods. Generally bitters and pure vanilla are between 35–45% alcohol making the amount of alcohol per bottle very minimal, which legally makes bitters a “beverage flavoring.”
- Shelf life: Keep Bitters out of direct sunlight and intense heat, store them in a cool, dry place to avoid evaporation.